We are so appreciative of the work of each and every volunteer: without volunteers, aTeam would not be able to serve such a large population of children and families battling pediatric cancer. Thank you!
Interested in dedicating some of your time and talent to aTeam Ministries? More information is available under our Programs and Events tabs, but check out the ways you can support pediatric cancer patients and their families through aTeam Ministries:
- aConnect Program – Sign up to interact with families, to make & deliver a meal, or to support families in a multitude of ways!
- Be a Christmas Sponsor – Go Christmas shopping for a financially-stressed family fighting pediatric cancer.
- Day at the Game Program – Have some tickets you won’t be able to use one weekend? Let us know if you’d like to donate them to be used by a pediatric cancer patient and their family!
- Write Encouragement/Birthday Cards – Sign up to write cards to pediatric cancer patients to wish them a happy birthday, a happy holiday, or just to generally encourage them throughout the year!
- Event Volunteer – Many of our events require volunteers to help set-up, take-down, and everything in between! Our heart2heart gala in February in particular can use several administrative/financial-minded individuals to help check-out auction bidders.
- Fundraising – aTeam can always use help in gathering donations and sponsorships. If you have new ideas for fundraising or want to help collect donations, sign up!
- Home Away from Home Program – Our 2 rent-free apartments are always in need of care: check out our Amazon wish list for items you can donate, or sign up for updates on what needs (furniture, help cleaning, etc.) come up!
- Host a Gift Card Drive – A great family or Sunday School mission project, gather $5-$25 gift cards for aTeam to give to families who need gas, groceries, or just a meal outside of the hospital!
- In-Kind Collection – Many of our events include items graciously donated from Birmingham businesses in order to raise money for aTeam Ministries – help collect items such as these for great auction items, door prizes, and more!
- Join Prayer Team – Come pray with us every Monday morning at 9 AM at the aTeam office!