We are so appreciative of the work of each and every volunteer: without volunteers, aTeam would not be able to serve such a large population of children and families battling pediatric cancer. Thank you!
aTeam Volunteer Programs
Individual ways to volunteer:
- aConnect – Sign up to make & deliver meals to families currently in the hospital.
- Family Care – While families reside in our two aTeam apartments, their days are scheduled with treatments, medication and caring for their child. Volunteer to come tidy their apartment while they are out. (ex: doing the dishes, vacuuming, changing the sheets)
- Day at the Game Program – Let us know if you have extra sporting event tickets and we will donate them to be used by a pediatric cancer patient and their family!
- Card Writing – Sign up to write cards to pediatric cancer patients to wish them a happy birthday, happy holiday, or to encourage them throughout the year. aTeam provides you with everything you need!
- Event Volunteer – aTeam Ministries has large events throughout the year and they wouldn’t be possible without volunteers! Let us know if you’d like to help with day of tasks, fundraising/outreach, or administrative roles.
- Prayer Team – Join our email list to stay up to date on patients and pray over each child affected by pediatric cancer and their families. Join us once a month to pray as a team!
Group, Family, or Sunday School ways to volunteer:
- Be a Christmas Sponsor – Go Christmas shopping for a financially-stressed family fighting pediatric cancer! We will coordinate getting the families “wish lists” to you and the gifts to the families at our annual Christmas Party.
- Home Away from Home Program – Have your group “adopt” one of our two apartments for a month. We will connect you with the family currently housed there and your group can coordinate taking them a welcome basket and meals each week! We will also provide you with “wish list” items to purchase for the family or kids during their stay!
- Host a Gift Card Drive – For a mission project, gather $5-$25 gift cards for aTeam to give to families who need gas, groceries, or just a meal outside of the hospital.
- Boredom Busters – Have your group put together craft boxes or surprise boxes related to an upcoming holiday or season and aTeam will deliver them to children currently in the hospital!
- Parent’s Night Out – Have your group help parents of pediatric cancer patients have a worry free night out. Plan a free babysitting night where parents can drop off their children and spend a night out gathering in community.