We are so appreciative of the work of each and every volunteer: without volunteers, aTeam would not be able to serve such a large population of children and families battling pediatric cancer. Thank you!
aTeam Volunteer Programs
Individual ways to volunteer:
- aConnect – Sign up to make & deliver meals to families currently in the hospital.
- Day at the Game Program – Let us know if you have extra sporting event tickets and we will donate them to be used by a pediatric cancer patient and their family!
- Card Writing – Sign up to write cards to pediatric cancer patients to wish them a happy birthday, happy holiday, or to encourage them throughout the year. aTeam provides you with everything you need!
- Event Volunteer – aTeam Ministries has large events throughout the year and they wouldn’t be possible without volunteers! Let us know if you’d like to help with day of tasks, fundraising/outreach, or administrative roles.
- Prayer Team – Join our email list to stay up to date on patients and pray over each child affected by pediatric cancer and their families. Join us once a month to pray as a team!
Group, Family, or Sunday School ways to volunteer:
- Be a Christmas Sponsor – Go Christmas shopping for a financially-stressed family fighting pediatric cancer! We will coordinate getting the families “wish lists” to you and the gifts to the families at our annual Christmas Party.
- Home Away from Home Program – Have your group “adopt” one of our two apartments for a month. We will connect you with the family currently housed there and your group can coordinate taking them a welcome basket and meals each week! We will also provide you with “wish list” items to purchase for the family or kids during their stay!
- Host a Gift Card Drive – For a mission project, gather $5-$25 gift cards for aTeam to give to families who need gas, groceries, or just a meal outside of the hospital.
- Boredom Busters – Have your group put together craft boxes or surprise boxes related to an upcoming holiday or season and aTeam will deliver them to children currently in the hospital!
- Parent’s Night Out – Have your group help parents of pediatric cancer patients have a worry free night out. Plan a free babysitting night where parents can drop off their children and spend a night out gathering in community.